ITE - Trade
Trade Days: 12000 Buyers / Visitors mainly from Asia largest & third largest Markets
Trade day admission requires registration, online or onsite, with business card. Of the 12460 regional buyers and visitors of the last ITE, 73% came from Hong Kong which spent US$25.5 billion on international tourism in 2017*, 21% from mainland China and 6% from other parts of Asia.
- 1) While China (mainland) is noted for its market size and fast growth, Hong Kong instead for its quality as measured by its high per capita spending on travel.
Table 1: Asia three largest source markets by total outbound spending in 2016 *
a. Australia, with per capita spending of US$1025, ranked second after Hong Kong, among the world’s ten top markets in 2016.
b. Hong Kong ranked World’s 10th largest market by total spending
||INTL TOURISM SPENDING
|INTL TOURISM SPENDING|
Per Capita (US$)
*Source: UNWTO World Tourism Barometer 2017/2018
- 2) The two largest trade visitor groups in ITE2018 are:
Table 2: ITE 2018 Trade Visitors by Sectors
|Travel Agents / Tour Operators / OTA
|MICE / Corporate Visitors
- 3) Their interests on global destinations and travel themes are:
Table 3: ITE 2018 TRADE VISITORS: Interest in Destinations
||Interest in Destinations
|Africa / Middle East
|The America (US, Canada, S&C America)
|Australia / New Zealand / S. Pacific
||Japan / S. Korea
|South & South-East Asia
|Central & West Asia
Table 4: ITE 2018 Trade Visitors Interest on Travel Themes / Travel Experience
|Carnival / Festival / Special Events
|Entertainment & Leisure
|In-depth, culture & history
|Honeymooning/ Overseas Wedding
|Wellness/ Medical Tourism
- 4) In addition to meeting visitors at stand, ITE has B2B program to facilitate more contacts between exhibitors with buyers and trade visitors. These include:
- Business Matching for quick dating between buyers and sellers;
- Industry Forums often in corporation with related associatons;
- Receptions and seminars by individual exhibitors at purpose built room inside the exhibiton halls ;
- Hold trade and MICE seminars on theme travels, destinations and MICE etc.
- 5) ITE helps promoting more contacts even before it opens, by sending to buyers and trade visitors regularly e-newsletters and invitations to register for seminars, and publishing information on exhibitors, seminars and exhibits in the official trade website of www.itehk.com
The web site is well visited, and for examples it drew, in number of unique visitors, 20399 in January then rising steadily each month to 58310 in June this year. There is another website for the public.
For more details, please contact the Organizer – TKS Exhibition Services Ltd
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or fill in the Exhibiting Inquiry Form
Tel: (852) 31550600 Fax: (852) 35201500