The Greater Bay Area, a cluster of world-class cities, include 9 Guangdong cities of Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Huizhou and Zhaoqing, and 2 special administrative regions of Hong Kong and Macao
Various GBA cities have strong presence in ITE Hong Kong, official pavilions or stands within the China Pavilion (43% by scale), and as buyers or trade visitors 63% from Hong Kong and 17.5 % from GBA cities in Guangdong). Also present in ITE2019 were Cross Border buses via the HK-Macau-Zhuhai Bridge and High Speed Train
Note: the above figures published in the website of Constitutional and Mainland Affairs Bureau
* 2017 data
||GDP per capita 2018
||12 528 000
There are extensive transport links between Hong Kong and other cities of the Bay. .
Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge
Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge connects Hong Kong, Macau, and Zhuhai. Operating 24 hours a day, it takes about 40 minutes to travel from Hong Kong Port to Zhuhai Port and Macao Port.
High Speed Rail
Connecting from Hong Kong to 58 Mainland stations without interchange, it takes about 18 minutes and 46 minutes to travel from Hong Kong to Shenzhen north and Guangzhou south respectively.
Cross border coach
Cross-boundary coaches, with fixed routes and schedules, connect urban areas of Hong Kong and many other Guangdong cities.
Each city in Greater Bay Area
International financial hub; Hong Kong airport handled 72 million passengers in 2018 and daily over 1100 international flights serving more than 220 destinations with 50 being Chinese cities.
Tourism industry and the gaming industry are important industries. In 2018, Macau Airport handled a total of 8 million passengers to and from 55 destinations in Mainland China, Taiwan, Southeast Asia and North Asia.
Capital of Guangdong Province, major industries including automobiles, electronics and petrochemical industry. Its airport handled 69 million passengers to and from 228 destinations, of which 136 domestic and 92 international
- Guangdong Travel Services Association, founded on 2012 .It is a travel industry association of the province formed by the travel agencies, travel groups, regional travel industry associations, tourism departments of universities and those economic organizations and associations connecting to tourism in Guangdong Province, based on the principle of equality and voluntariness. It is a non-profit social organization and an independent association corporation.
Guangzhou Hotels Association (GZHA) was established in 1988. GZHA is a non-profit social organization of hotel industry whose members include hotel, hotels groups, hotel management corporations，focus on promoting the development of hotel industry, and is conducive to the hotel industry technical progress of relevant enterprises and institutions. Takes as its missions the providing of services for its association members, the protection of the legitimate rights and of the mutual economic interests of both the hotel industry and of its association members
Major industries are advanced technology, modern logistics, financial services and culture. In 2018, its Airport was about 49 million passengers connecting 125 domestic cities and 56 countries.
- Shenzhen Travel Association
Industries include home appliances, electricity and energy, biopharmaceuticals and medical devices, petrochemicals and precision machinery.
- Zhuhai Tourism Federation
Industries such as machinery equipment, household appliances, ceramic building materials etc.
- Foshan Tourism Association
Electronic information and petrochemicals are pillar industries of Huizhou. Together with automotive and equipment manufacturing as well as clean energy industries.
Electronic information, electrical machinery and equipment; textile, garment, shoes and accessories; food and beverage processing, and papermaking and paper products
Household appliances, textiles and garment, electronics, lighting, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, furniture, small home appliances and hardware products
The emerging industries include new energy, new lighting, new materials, high-end equipment manufacturing, and green household appliances.
- Jiangmen Touism industry Association established in 1997. It is voluntarily joined by tourism agencies, hotels, tourist attractions (spots) and other enterprises and institutions engaged in tourism in Jiangmen, as well as other departments closely related to tourism, Also concerned about well-known persons at home and abroad who support the development of the tourism industry, experts and scholars who have studied tourism.
New energy vehicles industry, advanced equipment manufacturing, energy conservation and environmental protection, high-end new electronic information and biomedicine.