On 11 March, the Director-General of World Health Organization made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic! In past week, many countries and regions impose / step up travel restriction which include quarantine at arrival and visa cancellations. For example, US announced yesterday suspending all travel from Europe, except UK, for thirty day
Though COVID-19 outbreak now largely under control and recovering started (please refer to March 9 update), nevertheless, China (mainland) and Hong Kong are stepping up travel restrictions on arrivals in order to better control imported cases.
With the global situation worsening rapidly, ITE Hong Kong 2020 will have to be changed substantially as it becomes a big question how much of its highly international profile can be kept. Last year, some 85% of its 675 exhibitors and nearly 40% of its over 11000 buyers and trade visitors were from outside Hong Kong.
TKS, the organizer of ITE Hong Kong, has been monitoring the situation, publishing regular updates and making contingency planning. TKS is assessing the alternatives to decide on the course of action for the coming future, and will be making announcement(s) accordingly the earliest in next week.
If you have any query, please contact TKS via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 31550600
March 12, 2020
隨著全球疫情迅速惡化，考慮到ITE的參展商及專業觀眾為數不少是來自境外，上屆的675家參展商 (境外佔85%)，1.1萬名買家和專業觀眾中 (境外佔近40%)，ITE仍能否維持其高國際比例將是今年一大疑問，因此ITE 2020香港旅展將要作出重大調整！
ITE 主辦方匯眾密切注意當前局勢，定期發布最新情況並製定應急計劃。 匯眾將於本週評估有關替代方案，預計於下週初向參展商及買家公佈具體安排。
如有查詢，請聯絡匯眾 電郵: email@example.com 致電: +852 31550600
- Holding ITE Hong Kong 2021 as Planned to Boost Recovery... Read More
- The findings of “Online Survey on Post-Pandemic Travel”... Read More
- TKS not involve in Third Party offering to sell attendance list... Read More
- EMF subsidy for Hong Kong exhibitors including non SME... Read More
- Welcome Beautiful China cum ITE Online Presentation on June 8... Read More
- ITE 2021 new date from July 29 to Aug 1... Read More
- Preventive Measures in Response to COVID-19... Read More